colonists + farming

colonists + farming

Postby Ares » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:25 am

Hi all,

I've been playing the game for a few days now and I'm hooked :) very nice work! At an attractive price :)

I'm a bit stuck though...here are some issues I'm having with the gameplay:

1) Accessibility of buildings: in order to fix a building hit by a fire or something, must it be accessible by an astronaut or forklift from the outside? Space is precious, esp. early on (until you get a machine to do the heavy lifting and move boulders). Several times, I've built an oxygen generator, and then buildings around it (greenhouses, solar panels) and when they catch fire, astronauts can't get to them to fix them...once there are colonists living inside the base (I haven't gotten there yet), will they be able to fix them "from the inside"?

2) Food. Greenhouses seem pretty inefficient. I need one greenhouse to feed one astronaut. To build greenhouses I need halls...and then I get all those warnings that the population is too low. I've built a biology lab, I've made new strains...but how do I get to something like a farm? Something producing more food than a greenhouse?

3) Colonists. I've built a launchpad, I have the big rocket, I have habitats, but I cannot fill my big rocket with colonists, only astronauts. Why is this? What do I need to do to be able to ship colonists to my base? Colonists are supposed to be less demanding to keep up than astronauts, so I'm keen to get them in order to solve the "population is too low" problem...

4) How do I get a refinery to make supplies? I have mining machine, I collect all sorts of things...does the refinery just do this automatically? Must a refinery be connected to a hallway?

Thanks!
Ares

Re: colonists + farming

Postby Eddi » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:02 am

ad 1) no, astronaut/forklift must still go there from the outside. also, you're better off not getting into situations where burnouts can happen by making sure you have enough power/colonists

ad 2) yes. there are farms, if you have enough people, and a biology lab. depending on your bacteria strain they produce 1-5 food

ad 3) make sure you actually opened the doors to the habitats so they are filled with oxygen. otherwise they don't count as colony capacity. colonists come in groups of 4, so you have to have at least 4 empty beds to add colonists. also make sure you actually selected the bigger rocket on the top left when launching.

ad 4) just send the miner back to refinery to store the mined ressources. it does not have to be connected to your base.
Eddi

Postby Ares » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:11 pm

Thanks a lot!

As for the refinery, I have a bunch of resources stored there but it doesn't look like it's making any supplies. What am I doing wrong...?
Ares

Postby Eddi » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:02 pm

to turn ore into supplies you need a 3D printer.

the other ressources are used for other things like research at the bio lab.
Eddi

Postby Danansmith » Tue May 03, 2016 8:21 am

You guys are awesome.This helpes me a lot. Thanks.
Fashion bubble football : body bumper ball
Danansmith

Postby Crystal » Wed May 11, 2016 10:14 am

Good ! Thanks your sharing which make me get a solution to a question that has been always puzzled me. :lol:
popular bubble football:Bubble soccer
Crystal

Postby pbs » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:34 pm

The little ? at the bottom has a list of all items with uses.
pbs

Return to Discussion